Back when I first got engaged, Anita asked me, "Do you need to have your wedding on an auspicious wedding date?" I said, "Naw...I don't think my mom would make me do that..."
So, of course, I asked my mom and she said, "Well, it's a bit difficult to have your wedding on an auspicious date b/c it's hard to coordinate it on a Saturday." I said, "Great! We'll have the wedding in September 2010!" Russ and I had already decided September 2010 b/c it would give us enough time to plan, save money and to make sure we weren't conflicting with our other friends/family who were getting married! (Russ' two cousins are getting married next year as is our friend Kelvin! Ronson got engaged to Rosie, but their wedding will not be for a while due to med school conflicts.)
But then, after about 6 weeks of us looking at venues, I asked my mom AGAIN if she wanted the auspicious date and this time she said, "Well, it would be better if you did." *sigh* Then I spent several days trying to figure out the auspicious dates in 2010. According to my Uncle in Taiwan, the 2010 calendars aren't available yet. I couldn't find anything via google (my best friend next to Excel). But magically, my Uncle Ken helped my mom locate some useful websites that helped us figure out what the auspicious dates for next year were! I'm hoping the websites were accurate!
Turns out, the only auspicious dates in September are on Fridays. *sigh* I would prefer not to get married on a Friday. So, I asked my mom for dates in November. Well, the only dates were 11/6 and 11/13. But it turns out that around 11/6 every year, there is some kind of giant entertainment conference in Santa Monica and Russ would like to go to the conference! *sigh again* Well, what about December then? My mom gave me a few dates, but those might conflict w/ my brother's finals' schedule. *double sigh*
Ok, so how about August? Apparently much of August is the 7th month of the Lunar Calendar and it's a "ghost" month (I'm not sure what that means) and we couldn't get married in August. We couldn't choose July 2010 either b/c Russ' cousin - Pete - is getting married on 7/10! WAH!!! It was starting to sound like it would be impossible to have our wedding next year!!
Finally, we came up with 2 potential dates - May 29, 2010 or October 23, 2010. At least we came up with those two dates. The mini heart attacks started to subside temporarily. We then had to see if those dates were available with our location contenders and with our planner contender! I think the mini heart attacks were starting to re-occur...
No comments:
Post a Comment