Who knew that venue searching would take this long!!! After we saw all of last week's venues, I did more searching via websites and blogs. Wedding planners' websites and blogs are quite informative as it will list out what photographers they use and what locations the pictures are from!!!
So, I made more appts for us and during the weekend of 7/24-7/26, Russ and I saw the Marina City Club and LB Museum of Art! They were both awesome!
During the week of 7/27 and the weekend of 8/1, we saw the Ebell Los Angeles, Summitt House, Pacific Hills, Rancho Las Lomas, and Orange Hills. All were fantabulous!!!
At each of the visits, Russ and I (and my sister - Christina) grew more and more savvy! We asked better and better questions and made sure we received all the packages for costs and other things of that sort! After each visit, we went home to enter it into our Excel spreadsheet (inherited from Anita, who inherited it from Diana, who inherited from other ppl). Gotta love the brides who make full use of Excel!!! ;)
Anyway, back on track...we entered the costs into our spreadsheet, and were able to price compare using the spreadsheet. It was also easier to keep track of what each venue offered. Some have package deals with 4 hour standard bar; 5 hour standard bar; 4 hour premium bar... Some have chivari chairs already included, but some make you rent it for like $8/chair!!! I know you know what the chivari chairs look like - they're wooden bamboo looking chairs. Pretty, but costly.
Use Excel! It's great! (I should seriously get paid by Microsoft for all the advertisements!!!) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment