Thursday, August 20, 2009

Location Decision FINALLY!!!!

OMG!!! After about 6 weeks of full searching, looking at websites, blogs, everything, Russ and I *finally* made a decision. Well, we had narrowed it down to 3. We talked it over and we just really loved this one location for a number of reasons:

First, a few years ago, Russ and I took a walk on the beach in Santa Monica one evening after sunset, and we suddenly heard loud music and immediately turned to look at the party! OMG!!! The place was gorgeous!!! The windows have this very 1920s - old Hollywood feel. It had this brick exterior that was very UCLA-like. It just looked really regal and grand! Then we realized that it was a wedding and I was totally jealous! I want my wedding there!!! We both had no idea what the hotel was, so, when we got home, we turned to our good friend, Google, to figure it out. ;)

Second, a year ago, I was having dinner with Anita & Audrey on Abbott Kinney and we met up with Russ & Jason at this place for drinks afterwards. Russ happened to be helping Heeli with a wedding she had planned there! It was our opportunity to check out this place from the inside!!! OMG!!! It's even more beautiful from the inside. It's got several grand staircases; beautiful tile in-lays; old wingback chairs; and it just felt very old-Hollywood classy and regal. WOW!!! It totally re-affirmed my dream wedding. *sigh*

Third, this place was one of the first few places we visited. It just set the standard really really really high. The person giving us the tour (Michael) made us feel at home, told us the story of how the wedding day would unfold, and explained to us the details of the place. It was just a heavenly tour. =) So, of course, every single place we went to visit afterwards had to live up to those standards!!! Christina even started complaining that we shouldn't waste our time (or her time) by going to see other places when it was pretty obvious that we loved this place!

Anyway, this fantabulous place is Casa Del Mar!!! It really is awesome and I think I was taking my time with the decision b/c I wanted to make sure it really was "the one." Totally lame, but I had to do it!! But of course, we had to make sure Casa was available on the date we chose - May 29 or October 23. They were open for both!! YAY!!!!

Another decision made! WOO!!!! I'm totally on a roll now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment