Thursday, August 5, 2010

THE Shoes

Remember how I *agonized* over my wedding shoes?  I had such major probs, esp b/c I needed to make sure that the shoes didn't show tooo much under the dress.

I knew which shoe I *really* wanted (Loubitans) and which shoe would be smarter (Jimmy Choo).  Luckily, my fave store - Nordstrom - had the exact same Jimmy Choo style, but in a different color!  It was perfect b/c I could take it home and try it on w/ my dress to make sure my dress wouldn't be too short or too long.

It worked out perfectly!!!  =)  The height was just right and they would peak out of my dress just perfectly.  Not to mention, they were comfy as heck!

But then I couldn't decide which color I wanted - purple patent leather or silver glittery.  *sigh*  The purple would be easy to wear after the wedding, but wouldn't be that special for the wedding.  On the other hand, the silver glittery one would be perfectly special for the wedding, but a bit more difficult to pull off after the wedding!  After all, the accounting minor in me kept thinking...how many times do I need to wear these shoes to make them worth while??  ;)

So, with the continued consults of my mom and Christina, the click of my heels, a half hour early off of work, I was over at the Jimmy Choo boutique on Rodeo to pick up my silver glittery Jimmy Choos.  It turned out the silver glittery ones would match well w/ my jewelry, my belt and just about everything I had on for the wedding!  ;)

Here's my shoes (post-wedding):




Check out how well they go w/ my dress.  See how the length is just right with my shoes:

You can see the shoes peaking out better in this pic:

And now me in motion w/ Russ (post-ceremony, pre-reception):

And here's us dancing on my white dance floor:

Yes!  Jimmy Choos are awesome!  Can't wait to think of an excuse to wear my pretty shoes again.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment