Anyway, the jewelry hunt started off a bit late... I sort of didn't realize how close the wedding was until around the end of March! eeks! After that, my mom and my sister totally got on the band wagon and went to basically every single Nordstrom, Bloomies and Macy's in the LA/OC area and got everything that I *might* like and that *might* go w/ the dress!
We tried every single piece of jewelry we bought w/ the dress and *finally* made a decision like about 2 weeks before the wedding! Talk about cutting it close! Then we returned everything that we didn't like. =)
With the help of my mom, sister, Godmother and Russ, I decided to do one set of jewelry for the ceremony and another set for the reception. This was spawned by the fact that I wanted to keep my dress on the entire night (and not change), esp b/c I'll only wear my dress once. Also b/c I was planning on switching up my dress from the more traditional look during the ceremony to a "party" look for the reception.
So, here's what the jewelry looked like during the ceremony:
The earrings are from Mikimoto:
I kept the same bracelet on all night.
Below is how my dress looked during the ceremony:
And here's what my veil looked like. I kept it really simple b/c I didn't want it to cover up the lace on my dress or the train.
You're also probably wondering what I was doing w/ the giant bag of toys for the ring bearer. I wanted to bribe him to walk down the aisle. So the idea was that if he did a good job, he'd get this giant bag of toys. =) I think the bribe worked great!
After the ceremony and some pics, I changed into a different look. I added on this bling-y belt, changed my earrings, took off the veil and put on pink flower hair-clips, and kept the same bracelet.
Here's a good pic of the new earrings (straight from Nordstrom's) and my pink flower hair-clips:
Here's my bling-y belt and me acting funny w/ Ronson:
And finally w/ me and Russ:
Thankfully we nixed any idea of a necklace since we were having such major issues finding the right necklace. Not to mention, it didn't look that good w/ the dress. ;) heehee
No comments:
Post a Comment