Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Minor Set-Back Remedied!

YES!!  I'm wondering if me blogging about all of the different random occurrences w/ wedding planning sometimes brings me some random luck!

In between reviewing case law re: ostensible authority and writing a report that evaluates my client's potential exposure, I thought I would peruse Etsy to find my much needed hair accessory and veil!  Actually, what really triggered everything was that at 2 or 3pm, I finally take a break to read through my daily wedding blogs/sites and discovered that someone had won a free give-away from the Little White Dresser.  So, I clicked on the link on the wedding blog and found some of the cutest little hair accessories!

I immediately copied and pasted the various links into an email and sent it to my mom.  Then I called her to tell her to check her email!  (My mom is sometimes more technologically advanced than I am.  I can guarantee that she knows as much about iTunes music management and iPod organization as the Apple ppl do!!)  In any case, she emails me back a bit later to tell me which ones she likes best.  We discuss on the phone for a few minutes and then I have to make a decision.  *sigh*

Meanwhile (during the time it takes my mom to open all the links I send her and since I'm already not working on legal stuff), I thought I might as well continue perusing Etsy to find a veil.  =)  And I see a few veils that I think I might like.  Of course, it is not comparable to the one I originally wanted, but what can I do??  I was totally dissed by the first person I contacted and I just have to move on.  I mean, I've already contacted that first person like 5 times and she hasn't responded.  So...oh well!  She just lost some biz from me!

Back to the story...as I'm perusing veils, I find another hair accessory that I think will go great w/ everything else!  So, of course, I send another email to my mom and tell her to look at the links.  She calls me back in a matter of seconds and says, "GET THAT ONE!!!!  THAT'S PERFECT!!!"  hahaha.

Five min later, I am the rightful owner of a hair accessory that hopefully matches everything else.  About an hour later, I bought another hair accessory as back-up in case the first one doesn't pan out.  hahaha.  And not to worry!  They were inexpensive since they're home-made goodies and don't need to be marked up due to the brand name!  =D  I LOVE SHOPPING WHEN I GET A GREAT DEAL!!

What a fantastic online shopping expedition!  Now...I just need to wait for it's arrival at work and find the perfect veil to replace the other one that I never got to order.  I'm not worried...I'll find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment