Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Seating Chart

As you might remember, when we first got engaged, Russ bought me this awesome wedding book.  It's turned out to be quite helpful on a number of occasions.  Thank goodness that I had time to read the book twice b/c I will consult it when I'm not sure what I should do.  Kelley always answers all of my questions, but sometimes I feel a bit retarded asking.  ;)

Anyway, in the book, it recommended a few ways to do the seating chart...through an Excel spreadsheet, through a Word document, or using this paper plate system.  Paper plate system???  What is that!?!?!?!  At first, I thought it was a bit odd, esp b/c I had no concept of what in the world Mindy Weiss was talking about, but as I thought about it more, it made perfect sense!

So, basically, the paper plates represent the tables you'll have.  Post-Its will be used for the guests + their entree selection.  You get as many round, square, rectangle or whatever shaped paper plates you need.  And as your RSVPs start rolling in, you use the Post-Its to write down your guests name + their entree selection and start sticking it onto the paper plate.  That way, if you move one person from one table, you're simply removing/replacing the Post-It, instead of trying to remember if that person was properly added/deleted from the list in Word of Excel!  =)

Totally awesome!  And now that we've received about 20+ RSVPs, I've started to do it!  Russ probably thinks it's just some random paper plates that need to be recycled, but they're not!  ;)  Hopefully this method works!!  Otherwise, I'm going back to my original gut reaction on how to do a seating chart...Excel!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment