Friday, April 16, 2010

Lighting

In every book or magazine that I've read, lighting is touted as one of THE MOST important things you should budget for!  At the time of reading the books and magazines, I didn't really understand what they were talking about.  But then I started reading all the blogs and now I'm a believer!!  ;)

Lighting really sets the tone and the mood for everything.  When you go to dinner at a nice place, you're not sitting under flourescent lights!  Or when you're at a club/bar/lounge, there's a reason why the lights are dimmer!  And NO!  Not so you can't see how ugly the person is who is hitting on you!  ;)

Anyway, Kelley budgeted in lighting for us back in the beginning.  Throughout the past 8 months, Kelley has consistently said that she'll take care of the lighting and we'll deal w/ that at the very end.  And she was totally right!  She just sent over the invoice and I reviewed it and had no comments.  Honestly, I don't know where lighting is supposed to go or how much I need.  So, as long as Kelley has that under control, I'm hardly concerned.

The best part of this story is that Kelley busted out her awesome negotiating skills and helped us get a good deal.  Again, all the books and magazines are totally right!  Wedding planners help you out at every single turn, including negotiating the best deal for you!!!

Now, we have lighting through G2 Audio & Lighting!  WOO!!!  I'm excited that we have some awesome lighting person working for us!  Check out his website!  How super unbelievable is G2!  =)

Kelley is the bestest!  My work life is pretty rough right now, but Kelley has kept me sane, kept me on top of the various wedding tasks, and made wedding planning a cinch!  ;)

Not to mention, Russ has totally been on top of every single task that he's in charge of.  =)  What would I do w/out the 2 of them in my life right now!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment