Monday, April 26, 2010

I Almost Forgot to Get Our Marriage Certificate!!!

So, um...in continuing with my forgetfulness recently...I sort of almost forgot that we needed to get our marriage certificate to be married.  DUH!!!

Normally, I remember every single thing that's ever been said to me, but w/ the complete lack of sleep b/c of work, working the million hours that I have been, and just trying to do too much in general, I totally almost forgot about our marriage certificate.  Until....

Kelley sent us an email reminding us!  DUH!!!  See...I was at work that day, going through the usual stress of figuring out a way to defend a stupid case; aging dramatically as the stress was getting to me; my iPhone wasn't pushing all my emails through like it's supposed to; I didn't even know I got an email from Kelley until I get home at 11pm!

That's when I sit at my laptop to update our wedding spreadsheet and I see the 2 emails Kelley had sent me.  The first one was "Marriage License."  DANG IT!!!  *sigh*  I quickly clicked on the link, and complete the form online.  Thank goodness LA County now lets us fill out the application online and merely requires us to go to any location, including their branch location, to pick up the license.  =)  BUT the catch is that we only have 15 days from the day we submit it to pick it up!  ahh!

I tell Russ that we've got to go to the Beverly Hills Courthouse (which thankfully is a branch location near our house) to pick up the license.  Russ says, "I can't go until after ____ b/c I'm busy at work."  That date happens to be 9 days AFTER i pressed the submit button!  Dude.  I'm not a patient person at all.  So, it  makes me mildly crazy to hear that we can't go until 9 days later.  *sigh*  breathe.  breathe.  breathe.

I think Russ notices how I'm about to have a heart attack b/c we can't go instaneously, so he says, "You can't go by yourself?"  No!  :(  Apparently, the County needs to make sure that it's really me and Russ who want to get married and need to check both of our licenses to make sure we're really who we say we are and/or that we're over-age.  haha.

I just need to exercise my patience.  I can do it.  =)  I just need to throw myself into all of my work and not think about it!

And then the 9 days pass by (more quickly than I thought it would) and we go to Bev Hills Ct.  Even tho it would take us about 15 min to drive up there, I tell Russ that we MUST leave at 730 to get there by 830!  I wanted to get there early enough to avoid any lines going thru security and to make sure we're near the front of the line!  Seriously, w/ the schedule I've been having at work, I don't have time to dilly-dally around!

Russ, feeling sorry for me, agrees w/ me and we get ready in time to leave.  Since I was so ridiculous about the time we needed to leave, we had enough time to stop by Peet's, sit through some construction traffic and arrive at the Ct at 815.  PERFECT!!  We wait 15 min, and then we get our license!  WOO!!!

Easy peasy.  Online applications are awesome!  =)  I immediately emailed Kelley to let her know we got it and she wrote back, "you are almost officially married."

Wow.  She's right!  We almost officially are!  =D  33 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment