Saturday, April 3, 2010

We Mailed Them!!!

Also, on the day of our mock-up, Tianyi visited us and had a huge surprise for us!  Our Invites!!!  =)

So, in addition to the jaw-dropping centerpieces that we got to look at from Fleuretica, we got our invites!!  I had Russ open it since he enjoys checking our mail.  ;)  He opened the envelope slowly and then stared at our invite for seriously like 30 seconds.  I was like..."RUSS!!!!!  Move on to the next part...like our RSVP Card and our Directions Card!!!  I want to see the rest!!"  But Russ was taking his time so that he can savor the moment!  *sigh*

After enjoying our invites for about 10 min, we went back to our floral centerpieces...but not to worry, after we got home, we looked at them again!  And Again!  And Again!  Finally, when it was time to sleep, I had them on my nightstand b/c I couldn't stand to be away from it!  hahaha.  I was reminded of my childhood, when I would sleep with my new toys!  ;)

Since we got them on a Thurs, Russ and I spent Fri evening prepping the RSVP cards for mailing.  We folded them and numbered the backs so that we knew which ones we were getting back and which ones we hadn't gotten back!  It was a little trick that Tianyi and Kelley taught us!  ;)  Here's a pic of the numbered RSVP cards:



On Saturday, we went to the post office and weighed our invites and our RSVP cards and bought all the necessary stamps!  =)  And then we came home to quickly label everything!  Except...it wasn't that quick!!!  I thought I had saved the labels we used when we mailed out our Save-The-Date cards, but apparently, I didn't!!  DANG IT!!!  So, I had to re-enter everyone's address into the label program!!!!  BOOO!!!!  That took me about an hour to re-do!!!

After getting the labels printed (again), we started the invite assembly line!  Here's a pic of the our invites...all in order and ready to be stuffed:


Russ insisted on watching TV during the stuffing process....which is why our TV remotes and our iPhones are hanging out on our coffee table!

Now, a pic of the entire set of invite, about to be stuffed:


Russ' job was to apply the stamp and the address label.  He was a perfectionist at it!!


I don't know if you can see the stamp we used, but we got the LOVE stamp with a king and queen.  Russ picked it out at the post office and it turned out to really match our envelope and colors!


And finally, after about 3 hours of work, we were done!  Here's all of our envelopes in a bag, ready to be taken to the post office on Saturday!



See...we were ready to take it to the post office on Saturday, just 2 days after we got them!!!  But we had heard and read that we could hand cancel the envelopes!  So, we decided to wait until a night when we were both free...  Well, that didn't happen until Wednesday night!  We drove down to the 24-hour post office at LAX and stood in line for an hour, only to find out that we couldn't hand cancel them!  WHAT!!!!  BOOO!!!

In the end, we helped the post office be a brighter, sunnier place by leaving our beautiful orange and purple envelopes there...waiting to be delivered ...  Hopefully, everyone will enjoy it as much as we do!  Every time we look at them, we laugh!  I laugh b/c the silhouette really looks like Russ!!  Russ laughs b/c he just loves the design and loves the way it reflects us!  =)

Thanks Tianyi for your amazing creativity and imagination!!!  Thanks Kelley for making it all happen!!!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment