Monday, July 27, 2009

Audrey - A Bridesmaid

My friend, Audrey, is originally a friend from UCLA!  We would have dinner occassionally with our other mutual friends - Henry, Malcolm and Keith.  But we never really talked b/c we were both kind of shy.  Then, after law school, we started hanging out more and now we're great friends and we'll go on vacations together.  Both Audrey and Anita (along with Henry, Malcolm, Haeli) were in Italy when Russ proposed!  They were the ones who got me to go to the middle of the Spanish Steps.  :)


Anyway, I asked Audrey if she wanted to get dinner and we set up a dinner for Sunday evening.  By this time, I didn't think the 2 of them would figure out what I was up to, but they did!  When I had dinner with Anita on Friday, I told her who else I was planning on asking and she said she wouldn't say anything until I had the chance to ask everyone.
On Saturday, I saw Audrey and Henry at the Gardena Obon Festival and Audrey didn't say anything to me or acted like she suspected anything.  So, I thought, "Oh!  She doesn't suspect a thing!"  We happily ate all sorts of Japanese festival foods and we watched everyone dance.  And then Russ, Christina and I went home b/c we had to head to the Valley for Russ' friend's bday party.
On Sunday, Audrey came over and we drove to Riva for dinner.  When we arrived, we sort of came across an unexpected obstacle!  We see someone there and don't want to interfere with her dinner with someone!  We made an impromptu decision to go to Houston's instead, but we were kind of bummed b/c we both were looking forward to trying Riva!  :(  So, we go to Houston's and talk and again, the thing going through my head is, "when should I give her this cheesy book?"  Thankfully, Audrey needed to use the restroom.  YAY!
Like with Anita, I bust out the book and leave it there for her to see when she gets back.  Audrey comes back, sees the book, flips through it and said, "um, do I have to do the puzzle now?"  I said, "um, no.  Do you want to be my BM?"  haha.  Audrey said yes!  yay!  haha.  Yes, I know, I'm retarded.
Then Audrey confessed how she figured it out and talked to Anita about it before I even had dinner with Anita!  Anita didn't think so, but when I asked her, Anita knew Audrey was right!  AND on Saturday, when we were driving to the Obon Festival, Audrey and Henry called Anita to ask her what happened at our dinner!  Apparently Anita said that she's not at liberty to say.  hahaha.  And all through dinner, Audrey was kind of waiting for me to say something...  Luckily, I wasn't planning on giving a speech, but just handing out a book.  :)  What a hilarous group of friends I have.  :)

After Houston's we go back to Riva for some dessert and head home, but at least Audrey is part of the wedding party now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment