So, with our new engagement, we thought we would let it all sink in first before we started to do any actual planning. This plan worked out quite well because I came back from Italy to a boat-load of work, including prepping for 2 trials and 1 big giant multi-million dollar case. That kept me busy for at least until end of June, early July. Thankfully, one of my trials settled (but not before I already put in 200+ hours prepping for it) and the other trial was continued. The giant case also settled (also, not before I put in 200+ working it up). *sigh* But at least it's done and I was able to focus on wedding stuff. =)
During the busy time, we were debating about whether or not to have an engagement party. We thought we could invite all of our friends to a drink get-together, but then what about the family??? After we consulted with the parents, they thought we should just save our $$ and they didn't really think having a giant drinking party would be all that much fun. So, we decided to nix the idea since we had a great engagement story (and had Lavazza cappuccinos from the coffee machine in Italy)! =)
Also during the busy time of June, Russ volunteered to make a list of locations that we would love to have our wedding at. He made a great list, but I wasn't able to look at it until July. :( And most importantly, Russ bought me a wedding planning book to help with all the planning (and b/c he knew I would need some reading materials really quickly)!!! He did some research and this book was a highly-reviewed book. If you need some initial insight about what goes on in wedding planning, check out the book!! It even has pictures of types of wedding dresses, types of veils, types of trains, and types of tuxes. Awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment