After I had a major digression into the cost of a wedding, I got back on track with our venue search!
Now...after I shortened the venue list, I needed to find a way to grow it again! Luckily, Anita came to the rescue and recommended some websites for me to check out.
I was soon side-tracked with other websites and before I knew it, I had found a ton of blogs that I could read!!! From there, I found a ton of other locations and added those to the list! Pretty soon, my short potential venue list had grown again! YAY!
So, I started calling (again) and made as many appts as I could. I found that some locations were willing to let us look at the property earlier in the day (usu before 3pm) before the evening wedding started. =)
During the week of July 13, 2009 (mainly on 7/18 and 7/19), Russ and I went to about 10 different locations. I tried to cluster them together with an allotted visit time of about 45 min - 1 hr. It was painful keeping track of all the visits (Excel to the rescue again), but we managed to see all 10 locations without any problems!
Those were: Casa Del Mar; Shutters; Fairmont; LB Hyatt; Los Verdes Country Club; Verandas; La Venta Inn; Ocean Trials CC; PV CC; and Luxe. *phew* we made it through the first set of locations and loved most of them!!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment