Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wedding Planner???

As Russ and I were starting to do more research re: venues, we (probably more me) started having some major concerns b/c of my work schedule and Russ' work schedule. I never know when I'll be busy beyond belief and Russ never knows what his schedule is like either!

We thought it might be best to enlist the help of a wedding planner. I mean, I read Mindy Weiss' entire book and still didn't know what was in store for me! We were hesitant though. We already had our wedding cost and we would add an additional cost of a planner? We just weren't sure if it was the best thing to do. We consulted other friends and got a variety of answers. In the end, we decided that there was no harm in interviewing wedding planners, right?

So, I immediately get into action and start researching wedding planners. Luckily, as I was perusing various websites/blogs, I also wrote down all the planners I thought looked awesome! Well, I didn't hand-write anything. I put it all into my Excel spreadsheet. hehehe. (Come on, Microsoft, payment for the advertising please!) I picked 3 that I thought were great and sent out inquiry notices. We also asked our friend, Heeli Kim Jeng (who, by the way, is a hilarious stand-up comedienne) to give us some insight since she used to do wedding planning! I also sent inquiries to those 2 recommendations. Yay! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment