After searching high and low, and probably at the frustration of Kelley and Russ, we found our videographer!!! Honestly, this has been a long process for a number of reasons....
Initially, we weren't too keen on the videography idea b/c would we *actually* watch the video in 5/10/20 yrs?? Would it be a cheesy video? Would it really capture the emotions of the day? We both thought that Steven Lam, our photographer, would be able to produce all the emotions through his pics!! Besides, once we order the pics from Steven, I could totally make little photo books for the relatives who couldn't attend, but wanted some pics.
And then we started talking to everyone about whether we should get a videographer. Someone said, "no, total waste of $$." Someone else said, "Do it. I wish I had gotten a videographer for my wedding. I missed out on all the fun things that was happening in the other corner." And that kind of got me thinking...maybe I'll be missing something that is totally hilarious at the other end of the ballroom!!
So, I looked at all the videographers that Kelley recommended. I totally didn't expect to have this weird surge of emotions from seeing those videos, but I did! And not to mention, the videos weren't cheesy at all!! Since I started getting motion sickness from looking at the videos online, I had to volunteer Russ to view all the websites and pick which ones he liked. ;)
From what felt like hundreds of videographers (probably only like 30 or so), we found about 4 that we really liked. Our goal was to find someone who wasn't cheesy; whose video wouldn't make me get motion sickness; and whose video would withstand the test of time. Two of the 4 were booked; so we met with the other two. One was OK, but when we viewed their demo, I almost threw up b/c of motion sickness issues. I know...TMI. ;)
But the last one was just FANTASTIC!!! He had all the qualities we were looking for in a videographer and he was a nice, polite, and mindful person. After we watched his demo, we totally knew that he would work really well for us! It was esp fantastic b/c he films in Super 8 and 16 (the really old school filming style). Russ loves the idea of filming on real film, not just digital. =)
Anyway, Curtis from Living Cinema is totally awesome. Check out his blog too! We're really excited that he is able to join our great wedding team and video our wedding! He'll be filming some of the wedding/reception on film and we can't wait to see the final product!!! His style will totally fit in with the wedding theme too!! YAY!!! Soooo excited!!!
PS - I think I probably blogged about a lot of stuff in this entry; if so, sorry. I just can't remember what I previously wrote. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment