Since I've been having such major issues deciding on a BM dress, I thought about custom-making a dress too! Kelley, our super duper awesome planner, has a friend who makes BM dresses. She'll even custom-make them too!
Angela from Shop L'Atelier makes really cute dresses w/ pockets in them!! I think pockets are a total must!! You can stick kleenex and lip gloss in them and now worry about it! How super cool is that!
Anyway, Angela is also a dress designer! She designs them and then has a pattern-maker make the patterns and a seamstress will sew the dress together! I didn't realize that making a dress was such an intricate process, but I guess it is!
I went to visit Angela on Sun, 11/15 and told her what I was interested in and the types of fabric and colors I wanted. On one of her regular trips to the fabric store, she got a sample swatch and mailed it to me! Super cool! Now, I just need to narrow down the styles that I like and decide whether I want Angela to make the dress or buy one that is closest to what I want!
On Sun, 11/22, I decided to host my own BM dress trunk show! I think I might have mentioned that the JCrew trunk show was sort of disastrous. Not only were they inattentive, we had 5 girls stuck in a dressing room the size of a bathroom stall! It was ridiculous! Anyway, I wanted to see different dresses in different colors and also to see which style would fit my BMs the best.
So, Audrey, Anita and Christina came over on Sunday night. I "made" them dinner (it was actually from Little Hong Kong Cafe) and then they modeled the BM dresses for me. hehe I'm sure they weren't thrilled with having to model after eating a giant dinner, but I had a good time! ;) I think I decided that the dresses I saw online just really sucked and that none of them were in the right color! *sigh*
Back to the drawing board...but at least I've got a few options: Angela from L'Atelier and the few from Bella Bridesmaid! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment