Saturday, February 20, 2010

Buttermilk Truck

Well...in my random perusing of various websites, I came across the Buttermilk Truck.  Their food looks so scrumptious that I immediately signed up to follow them on Twitter!!  heehee.  But it was a little disheartening b/c they generally serve breakfast in the SM, Downtown or El Segundo area.  And their evening hours are somewhere else!  So, I had to just follow them and wish that I could go...until Thurs night!

On Thurs evening, they were going to be in Culver City and I decided that Buttermilk Truck would be our dinner!  =)  My parents would highly disapprove b/c it was unhealthy and had no veggies.  To make up for the unhealthy aspect, we ran/walked there and back.  The total route was 3.4 miles!!!  Not sure how many calories it burned, but hopefully it was more than we ate; or at least equal to what we ate.  haha.

Since we were running, I didn't bring anything but $$ w/ me.  Russ thought to bring his iPhone and we took the following awesome pics!

These are the red velvet pancake bits and the mini-brick:

Red velvet pancake bites by themselves:

Mini-Brick by itself:

Breakfast Sliders:

And the breakfast sandwich with the rosemary hasbrown on the right side of it:


Check out their website for the exact contents of each item, but we definitely thought the Mini Brick or regular sized Brick was the best!!  It has this country gravy on top and it tasted super yummy!!  The best part was the runny egg.  They warned us that the egg would be runny, but Russ didn't realize the extent of the runny-ness!  When Russ took a bite, the egg yolk squirted out and Russ would say, "AAHH!  Exploding Egg!!"  And then it happened again and Russ said the same thing!  hahaha.

We thought the sliders were just ok.  I guess when I think of sliders, I think of something slightly bigger.  It seems a bit salty and was missing something.

The red velvet pancake bites were really yummy though!  We loved that one as much as the mini-brick.  I've never had red velvet pancakes, but these were really good!  A bit on the sweet side, but still delish!

And the breakfast sandwich was the next best (after the mini-brick and the pancake bites).  I think it was probably b/c I like runny eggs b/c I could dip things into it.

It was a bit difficult to eat everything though b/c we are eating it outside of the food truck!  So, I decided that I would try to find the "cleanest" part of the sidewalk and sit down.  Russ looked appalled at what I just did.  But oh well!  I needed to sit and eat b/c I was afraid of the mess I would produce!  After about 2 seconds, Russ sat down too and we chowed down!!  Before we knew it, everyone else was sitting too!  hahaha.

Fun & healthy (sort of)!!  Go try Buttermilk!  It's worth the calories and the mess!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment