So...Tianyi of Tiselle has been hard at work with our invites!! In our first meeting with her, we showed her all sorts of random things that we liked and didn't like.
I'm sure Tianyi was unbelievably overwhelmed since Russ and I had no coherent thoughts, plans or desires for our invites. I mean, we said, "we like polka dots, but we also like art deco." None of those things go together!! Then I said, "I don't want it to be too girly (for Russ' sake), but I don't want it to be too manly either." I'm sure Tianyi was thinking, *sigh* ;)
Luckily, we have Kelley and Tianyi on our side and their creativity went straight to work!! Kelley told Tianyi our theme and Tianyi went to work! I can't reveal our theme yet b/c I want it to be a surprise!
In the early part of January, Tianyi sent over her first designs. She came up w/ 3 different designs and she told us to mix and match what we like! WOW!!! When I opened the PDF w/ the 3 designs, I seriously almost died. They were unbelievably fantastic!!! I don't think I have the appropriate vocab to describe how awesome they are!! Here is what transpired over texts b/t me and Russ:
J: "OMG!! Did you look at our invites??
R: "What? Is there something wrong w/ them??"
J: "NO!!! They're AWESOME!!!"
I guess I didn't realize that beginning a text w/ "OMG" could be interpreted as good and bad. haha. I should be careful from now on!!
In any case, I probably did no work for the rest of the day b/c I just kept staring at the beautiful invites and debating (w/ myself) which one I liked the best and whether I would change that one. =)
Later that night, even though both Russ and I were totally beat from work, we stayed up late to discuss the invites! Total dorks, I know!! Turns out that both Russ and I liked the same things!!! [in case you can't tell, I totally am excited about these invites.]
And to top it off, Kelley emailed us like an hour after we received it from Tianyi to tell us that she LOVED the invites too and that she's already chosen her fave and would wait to see which we thought was our fave. It was a test and I was kind of stressing about having the same fave. Totally lame, but Kelley is our planner and I was worried that she would hate what we liked! :(
When we had our cake and food tastings, that's when we revealed our fave and Kelley said it was her fave too!!! That seriously made my day. Not only did we pass the test, but we're totally in-sync w/ the vision for the wedding. YAY!!!!
So...back to our invites... We let Tianyi know what we liked and how we wanted to sort of incorporate the 3 designs into one
Today, we got the 2nd design back!!! Tianyi is super fast!! And, once again, WE LOVE IT!!!! I am, again, at a total loss of words for how creative and awesome she is. We totally love it. Of course, I can't share just yet. It has to be a surprise!!
I am thrilled that Tianyi is on our wedding team and I can't wait until April to send out the invites so that EVERYONE can see and enjoy them as much as I do. =) THANKS KELLEY AND TIANYI!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment