One day, Kelley introduced me to this wedding e-zine, Utterly Engaged. Wow. After that, I was hooked! I subscribed to every issue and I read through all the prior issues.
As I was reading, I noticed that in the beginning of every issue, they have a "Ask Katie" travel section. I perused it and never thought twice about it. Until, one day, Russ comes home and tells me that his co-wkr has a friend, who is a travel planner!! And who does it turn out to be...Katie of Easy Trip!!!
So, Katie made the process unbelievably easy. She asked us a series of questions over email, such as:
Where do you want to go?
What's your budget?
Do you want more adventure or relaxing?
We answered all of her questions and less than 2 weeks later, Katie sent us a proposal for our random choices: Croatia, Turkey, or Greece & Turkey combo. It was all within our budget and it was really easy to understand!
Then we told Katie which one we wanted and she booked it all! Afterwards, she sends you all the specific details w/ your flight info, confirmation #s, rental car, hotels, and she even attached a specific instruction in Turkish that we're supposed to hand to our taxi driver in Istanbul so that he can get us to our hotel!! It was sooo easy!!
And if you're the kind of person who likes to plan your own trips, but needs just a little bit of help, well, Katie is just right for you!! She plans the "big picture" items (air travel, car rental, hotels). You plan the daily activities. So, rather than researching which hotels are clean, you're just researching what to do at each location!! =) YAY!!
So...Katie has helped book our honeymoon! We decided to go to Turkey (in case you haven't figured it out yet)!! Totally exciting! I've always wanted to go there and now we can! I'm really excited b/c it'll be a combo of a relaxing and adventurous honeymoon! And I've heard from friends and friends of friends that Turkey is beautiful! In fact, Russ' old co-wkr went on an around-the-world-in-a-year trip and when I asked him his most fave destination, he said, Turkey. YES!!!!
Want to see our "big picture" itinerary, click here! But be patient, the website is SLOOOOWWWW!!!!
And in case you're looking for someone to help plan your trip, ask Katie. She's awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment