Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Details, Details, Details

Since having our day-long cake and food tastings + wedding planning meeting with Kelley, I have been thinking about all these different details for the wedding.  Well, details + work.  Sometimes, like today, the wedding details win and I do almost no work.  =)  As much as I love to think about the various details of the wedding, I usu pay for it by staying really late at work.  =(

Oh well...it's nearly 6pm now and there's nothing I can do now...Except to BLOG about the random things I've been thinking about....

First, what kind of bouquet do I want?  I see tons of pics w/ just white flowers and I see others w/ color flowers!  AAHHH!  What should I do?

Second, accessories.  Should I wear a necklace; should I wear dangly earrings/studs; shoes; bracelets; watch???  AAHH!!!  I usu get to shoes and I stop for about an hour and look at all the ridiculously beautiful shoes and the matching ridiculous prices.  In fact, before I got to the "shoe" phase of the wedding, I told Anita that I wouldn't buy Christian Louboutins b/c of their extremely high price.  Little did I know that I would get to the shoe phase and would want them.  You're totally right, Anita!

Third, reception decor.  Fleuretica came up with all sorts of ideas, but now we just need to make the decision on what we want.  It's kind of hard b/c all the ideas are super cute and we have to sit there, visualize and decide.  Luckily, I have become an avid blog reader and see tons of photos!  So, I can easily point them out to Russ.  hehehe.  I think we've made our decisions, but we'll see....

Fourth, money box.  Apparently, ppl now hit weddings and STEAL the money box!  How unbelievably rude is that!!!  If I happen to come across the person(s) who steal the money boxes, I might just have to kick their butts (in my wedding dress)!  ;)  But here's a cute money box I found on Etsy.

Fifth, the veil.  Uuummmmm...do I want a veil?  Do I want a long cathedral one like this or this or this?  Do I want a medium one like this or this?  Or how about a birdcage type veil like this or this?  [BTW, Kelley planned that last wedding w/ Krista & Mike.  hehehe.]  Or maybe I should forego the veil and just use a flower!  Like this or this!  Or I could change from a veil at the ceremony to something different for the reception, like this!!

Not to mention, we have to decide what kind of dinner menu we want; cakes we want; ties; socks; invitations; favors; hotel accommodations...  and the list goes on and on!

Decisions, decisions, decisions.  Or rather, should I say...details, details, details.  I'm not worried though.  That's why we picked the best wedding team ever and we let them make the creative decisions.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment