Friday, September 4, 2009

First Florist Meeting

Russ and I had our first florist meeting yesterday.  I really didn't know what to expect when I walked into the meeting.  I was a bit anxious since I was totally out of my element and just didn't know what to expect.  I mean, me, with the non-green thumb, trying to give a trained floral designer ideas???  Seriously.

Well, I don't know why I was even worried!  It turned out to be quite awesome!  Kelley kind of gave the backdrop of our basics and then I just kind of randomly described the things I saw in magazines and liked.  Before I knew it, the floral designer and Kelley had all these ideas they were throwing at me and showing me!  hehe.

Russ joined us a bit late (b/c one of us needs to work during the planning)!  And she and Kelley went over the same ideas again and Russ was totally into them too!  *phew*  Thankfully, Russ has been so patient with the planning process and giving his input with everything!  It's totally great b/c sometimes I just can't make up my mind and Russ is the deciding vote. =)

Anyway, back to the flowers...we talked, listened to the ideas, flipped through pictures of our wedding colors and before I knew it, an hour went by and it was time to go!  The best part of the meeting was hearing how the flowers and our wedding colors would tie together.  wow.

Russ and I walked out of there, happy and hungry.  If I didn't have work to do and if Russ wasn't going to the premiere of Sorority Row, we would have walked to Father's Office for a drink, the burger and the salad.  yum.  Instead, we walked to Xotik and had an organic dinner.  still yummy!  aaahhh...flowers!  Who knew what a giant difference it would make!

Here's something that I learned today...crystals.  Apparently, it's "in" now.  haha...

I don't know if you can see the crystals dangling from the flowers...but they're there.  We'll keep debating about the crystals!

No comments:

Post a Comment