Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wedding Dress Shopping Adventure 3

Yesterday, Christina, my mom and I went dress shopping to 2 more places!  I think I've found a brand that I like (that looks decent on me) and is also pretty well-priced!  Pronovias!  =)

Currently, we're over budget by $400.  :(  So, I thought I could make up the difference by cutting from the wedding dress budget.  Sounds fair, right?  I mean, if I'm going to stay within budget, I've got to cut from something else whenever I go over-budget and what better incentive than my wedding dress!  We'll see....

Anyway, we first went to this Japanese bridal store.  I was a bit sketched out b/c of it's location (in a weird strip mall, next to a pet grooming place and a bunch of apts).  But we walked in to some really nice ladies who showed me various dresses that they had.  I think since most Japanese girls are pretty tiny (and I'm *fat* compared to them), my butt had a difficult time fitting in some of those dresses!  hahaha.  This only gave my mom reason to say that I needed to exercise and lose the "junk in the trunk."  ;)

But I digress...so...of the 7 or 8 dresses I tried on, we all agreed on 3 that were great!  I wanted to try on more styles, but this place didn't have a vast selection.  :(  The nice lady said, "if you see a style you like, you can order from me and I'll give you a good price!"  I was like, "but how do I know if I like a style before I order it?"  DUH!!!  Sometimes I can be totally retarded!  Apparently, if I go to another store and like it, I can order from her at a cheaper price.  heehee.  That makes me REALLY happy!  The good news was that I found 3 that I liked and 1 that I really liked there.  She was soooo nice that she let me write down the names of the various dresses and the prices!  No pictures though.  :(  But I found something similar online:


After eating lunch, filling my mom's car with air (one of her tires was flat), and doing other "man" things for my mom, we went to the 2nd dress shopping place.  You'll remember this place...it was my first dress shopping excursion.  Not sure why I was going back to experience the mean-ness of the sales lady, but Christina felt that she was the best salesperson that we'd met.  In a way, Christina was right.  I mean, she was the one who looked at a bunch of pictures, helped me figure out which styles I liked best, found dresses within my budget, and could immediately read my face to see if I liked the dress or not!  Besides, I figured I could endure another mean hour with her as long as my mom could see the dresses that I liked!  :)

Luckily, the stars were aligned in my favor and the mean salesperson wasn't there and we got a nice young girl who didn't know much about my style, but was able to find a few dresses that I liked!  I tried on the 2 that I had previously narrowed it down to and then another 4 or 5.  And of the 7, we narrowed it down to 2 (one was the same from before and another new one)!!!  This salesperson left the room quite often (to look for more dresses, to find a sash for me and other things).  So, Christina and I surreptiously read the tag and figured out the names of the dresses (so that we could possibly order it from the Japanese store).  =)  That was the highlight of the day!

If you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about...let me tell you.  This store has a wide selection of dresses, but they like to cut off the tags of the real brand and insert their own label.  That way, if you find a dress you love, you can't go to another store and order it at a cheaper price!!!  *gasp*  I KNOW!!!  RUDE!!!!  Luckily, they don't cut off the tag that tells you how to clean the dress (they just use a black marker to black it out)!  So, I read through the black marker (with my superhuman eyes) and told Christina what they were!  Christina wrote it down in my little wedding notebook!  heeheehee.

And off we went, back to home, to look up the dresses online!!  YES!!!  I call that a successful wedding dress shopping adventure!  And to make the day better...Haeli (our other friend getting married next year) found her dress too!  And the icing on the cake...Audrey, Malcolm, Henry and I went to the LA Fair and ate Fried Twinkies, Fried Oreos and funnel cake.  My mom would be cringing if she heard all the junk I was inserting into my trunk.  Oh well...

Pretty, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment