Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Photographer

After the first wedding dress adventure, we turned our attention to securing a photographer.  Since we had Kelley helping us, she made some suggestions and Russ and I looked through their websites and blogs.  We had a few top choices and all of them were available!  YAY!  Nothing thrills me more than having vendors who are available on 5/29!  hehe

Anyway, I spoke with one of them on the phone and he was quite informative about his photography style and the types of photographs he aims to take.  Russ took a look at his blog and also really liked his work.  We met with another photographer and really liked his portfolio too!  Funny thing, both of the photographers have similar styles and they constantly recommend each other!  That kind of made us feel better that they're both top-notch photographers!  =)  Also, I noticed how a lot of wedding planners will pick one of these two photographers for their own wedding.  What better validation than use of a photographer by a wedding planner!

We were planning on meeting with other photographers, but decided that meeting/talking with two and viewing all the various websites/blogs was enough.  (Besides, I was getting tired of not being able to make a decision).  ;)  So, we decided on using Steven Lam Photography!

Steven and his wife, Carmen, are awesome!  Steven's style fits our's really well - timeless, classic, some trendy, but not tooo trendy.  And most importantly (which is what I've learned in the past several weeks), Steven does his own editing or photoshopping (or whatever you call it)!  Apparently, this is a really good thing (or so everyone tells me) because when a photographer outsources it to another company to do the editing or to pick which part of the picture to highlight, that outsourced company will not know the reason why Steven picked that shot and may highlight something else that they think is important, but not what Steven thought was important about the shot.  I guess it just adds to the artistry of the pictures.

Also, Steven currently uses this great Italian company to create their wedding album books!  Since Russ and I got engaged in Italy, it only made us love Steven even more.  =)

And most importantly, Russ and Steven both own a pair of crocs with the fuzzy stuff on the inside.  Russ LOVES his crocs and has been trying to find another outdoor pair.  Thank goodness crocs is kind of going out of business!  ;)  BUT from the moment Russ saw the crocs, there was definitely chemistry!  ;)

Here's a totally cool picture that Steven took of another photographer's wedding (Ja Tecson).

No comments:

Post a Comment