OK...this has NOTHING to do with the wedding, but I just had to share! Audrey, Malcolm, Henry and I went to the LA Fair last night. Wow! It was nothing but food for us! Tons of ppl were there for the rides and the games, but for us, it was about the food!
By the time we got there, we were all starving. I wanted King Taco (the first stand that we saw), but everyone said we should view what all the food options were before we decided. So, we kept walking. We saw giant turkey legs, roasted corn, tacos, burritos, sausage dogs, corn dogs, nachos, Pink's Hot Dogs, and some really crazy stuff!
FINALLY, when we couldn't handle our starvation anymore, we went got some roasted corn. YUMMY! Then we walked around some more and decided to get a giant sausage dog and a turkey leg. WOW! It was HUGE! Thank goodness we were sharing. Actually, I wanted my own sausage dog, but everyone thought we should only order one. Clearly, I was the hungry one! ;)
Then we saw this chocolate covered bacon. Interesting, right? So, we tried it! Basically, it was salty chocolate! Since we were all still really hungry, we decided to get a jumbo corn dog and a lemonade. yummy!
And then we hit the jackpot! THE FUNNEL CAKE!!! So, we are about to order the funnel cake when we see Fried Twinkies and Fried Oreos and Fried Snickers. OMG!!! We were in Fried Food Heaven! Initially, we were going to order 4 Fried Twinkies, until we saw how much they cost $4 each! HELLO! We're not made of $$$!!! So, we ordered 1 fried twinkie, 4 fried oreos (for $4 total) and a funnel cake. WOW!!! HEAVEN!!!! Henry said that he felt sick to his stomach from all the fried foods. ;) Poor Henry; he's been on a healthy streak and his tummy couldn't handle the junk!
Anyway, we decided we needed to walk around to work off all the fried stuff. And we came across the other jackpot! hehe.
This isn't the exact shirt we got, but it's pretty close. Malcolm wanted one for himself and Haeli and I thought Russ would love this shirt! But they didn't have his size. :( So, I got one for me. HAHAHA. Malcolm negotiated a price for us and we left feeling really retarded and giggling. (Or at least I was).
We walked for miles around the fair before we decided to leave and walk another mile to our car. While other ppl's goals for the Fair were to ride the rides, play games, and win stuffed animals, our goal was fulfilled with the food. ;) aaahhhhhhhhh.... We should have taken pictures of our Fried Twinkie and Fried Oreos. Oh well...next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment