Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vegas

This past weekend, Russ and I did NO wedding planning AGAIN!  WOO!  We went to Vegas instead...no, not for a bachelor or bachelorette party, but to hang out with friends!  Anita, Jason, Malcolm, Haeli, Henry and Audrey went too!  It was a lot of fun, although I should have slept more.  =)


Here's us, happily on the plane:



We had dinner at Grand Lux at the Venetian; then we gambled.  hehe.  Since I hadn't slept much the week of the 21st, I was pooped starting at around 11:30.  Russ walked me to our room and then went back downstairs to watch the gamblers.  I must have been really exhausted b/c I didn't even hear everyone come back into the room!

Anyway, on Saturday, Haeli and Malcolm went to a wedding and the rest of us went to the pool to get some color.  I must be really really really pale b/c I swear I'm darker, but I still look pale.  According to my mom, I'm the perfect shade of pale.  I prefer to be a bit darker.  hehe.  Afterwards, we showered and shopped for a bit before eating dinner with everyone at B&B.  yummy!  Mario Batali is awesome!  Must be the orange crocs that he wears.  I wonder what he'll do when crocs goes out of business?  ;)


dinner at B&B:





After dinner, we gambled some more and went to the Wynn so that I could take pictures of the flower arrangements there.  I love the giant pomanders that they have hanging from the ceiling b/t the shopping and the tables.  =D  And then we had drinks at Parasol Down.  They put on the best shows there!  Well, the giant frog that pops out behind the water fall is pretty cool and so are the tulip flowers that come out.  But the giant head that comes out of the water is really really scary.  I recommend closing your eyes during that show!





And of course, after some drinks, we went gambling some more.  In total, I lost $7!!!  Who knew that with penny slots, I would be afforded hours of entertainment.  hehe.  Thanks to Anita for showing me how to play penny slots!  ;)  I think Russ made about $30.

Oh and wedding planning...yes...it'll happen again.  I think we needed a break from it.  We're meeting with our potential DJ soon!  And we're meeting with our invitation designer tonight!  Russ came up with a great idea and I can't wait to share it with Kelley and our invite designer.  woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment