Monday, May 3, 2010

The Makings of A Rehearsal Dinner

Since our wedding will be more western style, Russ and I thought it would best to balance out our Taiwanese culture by having a Chinese restaurant Rehearsal Dinner.  The idea came easily, but finding a restaurant in WLA that wasn't ghetto proved to be the most difficult part!

First off, most Chinese restaurants aren't exactly a model of cleanliness.  Sorry, if you're offended, but I'm just saying!  Second, WLA isn't exactly the hub of bigger Chinese restaurants or Asian restaurants for that matter!  Third, prices in WLA for anything and everything is just more expensive than other parts of LA County.  Probably b/c WLA is surrounded by Brentwood, Bel-Air, Pacific Palisades, SM, Bev Hills... 

I tried doing a Google search by typing in my location and then just searching "asian restaurants."  haha.  Almost 95% of the results were for take-out Chinese food or teeny tiny places that could hold about 10 ppl.  After thinking about it for several weeks (or maybe it was months), we finally came up with a few locations with Kelley's help.  =)

Kelley set out to contact everyone and determine the pricing for a Rehearsal Dinner prix-fixe meal package.  Our job was to go to the narrowed-down choices and try their foods!  ;)  I LOVE THAT JOB!  ;)  Our goal was to find a clean, not-so-loud restaurant that stayed true to authentic Chinese (or Asian) foods.  So...only one restaurant met all of our criteria and will even allow us to sit outside to enjoy the beautiful California weather that I'm hoping will be present on Memorial Day weekend!  I just love that place!

It's totally perfect b/c there is a free parking lot (which hardly ever happens in WLA)!  It's close to home!  And it's in this cool historic Bakery.  I can't remember why the Bakery is historic, but that's what I've heard.  And it's relatively close to Casa, so we won't have to worry too much about traffic.  Of course, there's still going to be traffic, since this is LA!  But I'm hoping it won't be too bad and I'm hoping it'll be nice and warm on that night!

YAY!  Rehearsal Dinner done!  woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment