Friday, December 4, 2009

Our Save-The-Dates!!!!

We ordered our Save-The-Dates and received them in early November!  They're super cute!!!  It was totally all Kelley's idea!!  Seriously, she's awesome!!

As I mentioned before, Kelley thought it would be an awesome idea to tell a story through our Save The Date cards.  Essentially, we took a series of pics of Russ proposing, me saying Yes and then our date and location!  Anita took the pics of us and we assembled the pics in KodakGallery.  KodakGallery delivered it to us w/ it already slightly folded.  So, all we had to do was fold them all up and shove them into envelopes!  It was pretty easy.  Russ and I watched a few episodes of Law & Order SVU while folding.  hehe.

Here's what the front looks like:



If you can't tell, it's Russ proposing and me looking surpised; me saying "hhmmmm" and Russ looking at me; me saying "hhhmmm" and Russ looking at his watch; me saying "YES" and Russ celebrating; and me on a swing saying "YES" and Russ celebrating.

This might be a better pic of it:



Then you flip it over to the back side and it looks like this:



Russ is holding the "YES" sign and I'm swinging; then it's two pics of me and Russ holding up a map of California, with the date "May 29, 2010" and "Los Angeles" marked on the map; then I'm holding up our The Knot info; and the last shot is of me and Russ after he proposed to me in Italy!!  =)

It's super cute.  Can you believe how creative Russ is?  He used paper to draw out the map of California!!  And he used posterboard to cut out the little talking bubble!!  I would have just used regular square cut-outs!  Thank goodness Russ has stayed in-touch w/ his creative side!  ;)

After mailing them all out, I heard some feedback from a few ppl.  But by far, everyone thinks the 3rd frame (where I'm saying "hhhmmm" and Russ is looking at his watch) is the funniest.  Or else they totally love the expressions on our faces.  Russ is a great actor!  ;)

But anyway, YAY!!  It was a giant pain to get all the labels done and addressed, but it was done!!  And I hope everyone likes and understands the Save The Date cards!!!  We totally love them!!  =)  And super special THANKS to Kelley for coming up with the awesome idea and helping us implement it and to Anita and Jason for taking the pics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment