Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Long 2009; Hello 2010!

Wow!  I can't believe 2009 is almost over.  In less than 6 hours, we'll be ringing in 2010!!!  Looking back, 2009 was an awesome year!  Here's a re-cap of the great highlights!

1.  We hosted our first Valentine's Day dinner!  Russ and I didn't feel like paying a bajillion dollars for dinner, so we thought we would host a Valentine's Day dinner with some of our friends!  Also, since we had moved into the new place a few months earlier, it was the perfect opportunity for Russ to insist that we buy a chandelier and convince my dad to help us install it!  ;)  Actually, I think my mom and I just watched while my dad and Russ put it together!  Thank goodness my dad knows what he's doing b/c we would have had a nice V-day dinner in the dark looking at the chandelier in the box!  ;)

V-day dinner consisted of rice, veggies, surf and turf (steak and lobster tail), and dessert.  It was fantastic!  Russ also helped me put together several photo collages and helped me make a V-day wreath with pictures on it.  hehe.  Russ didn't have that much fun helping me make it...  ;)

2.  In March, our friend, Henry, who never ever cooks, made an Italian dinner for us!  He made risotto and some chicken dish that I can't remember the name of now.  It was amazingly delicious and we're hoping he'll cook some more!  It took place at Audrey's house since Henry didn't have a place yet....

3.  In April, Anita made some of the best dumplings ever during our Asian Dinner Night at Anita and Jason's house. We decided to have an Asian-themed dinner since we were about to embark on a Italian vacation and would be stuffing ourselves with Italian food!  =)







4.  And in May.... We went with our friends on an Italian vacation and got engaged!!!  Check out our full engagement story here!  That was probably the highlight of 2009!  It took me about 2 months to get used to the ring on my finger since I hardly wear jewerly, but now, I'm totally used to it!  Good thing b/c Russ was starting to get worried when I kept teasing him about wearing the ring.  ;)



5.  Russ reluctantly left his fantastic job with fantastic friends at Comerica for another fantastic job at Summit Entertainment!  But thanks to FB, Twitter, texting, e-mailing, and other forms of communication, Russ stays in constant contact with his Comerica friends and sees them all the time!  =)

6.  My parents went on 2 vacations this year!!  They hardly ever go on vacation, but this year, they went on a cruise to Alaska w/ my aunt and uncle and they also went on a trip to India with their Bhuddist Temple.  They had a great time on both vacations, while I took care of their businesses.  Good thing I'm such a great daughter!  ;)

7.  Many happy engagements (besides our's) occurred this year:
- Ronson surprised Rosie with an elaborate, thoroughly planned out, friend-filled engagement at the Bellagio in Vegas
- Haeli and Malcolm (who also planned their wedding in approximately 4 months!!)
- Kelly and Tina (who got engaged at the same location they met - 55 Degree Wine in Atwater Village.  This place is awesome!  You should check it out!!)
- Fred and Jean at LACMA
- Kelvin and Suecane (got engaged on a special trip to NYC)
- and probably a ton other ppl that I'm totally forgetting about....

8.  I went to my first premiere ever!!  Russ took me to see the Bandslam premiere and I was mobbed by teenie-boppers mobbing Vanessa Hudgens.  ;)  Don't worry; I'm totally not famous!  Russ also took me to see the Astro Boy premiere at the Chinese Mann Theatre!  =)

9.  Our friend, Henry, bought and moved into a cool loft place in Long Beach.  Some of us are trying to convince him to decorate it in Hello Kitty pink.  hehe.  He's not falling for any of it!  But now, he can host all sorts of dinners for us!  I can't wait!  ;)



10.  Our friends, Anita & Jason, celebrated their 1 year wedding anniversary!  Their wedding was super fun last year!!  We aspire to be that fun!

 







11.  We went to 1 awesome wedding this year (compared to other years where we go to 3+ weddings)!  Lisa & Roger were married in November.  All the guys were quite impressed with the NBA Jersey table numbers!!  We had a great time!





We're looking forward to 2010 for many many reasons:
1.  Haeli & Malcolm's wedding!
2.  Buying more furniture for our house!
3.  Hanging out w/ our family and friends more often!
4.  Jessica & Pete's wedding!
5.  Adrienne & Alex's baby!

And most importantly...working with the Best Wedding Team ever, getting married, and going on our honeymoon to Turkey!!

So...to 2009 - Thanks for treating us well and giving us such great memories!

To 2010 - We can't wait to experience all the fantabulous things in store for us!!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment