Tuesday, July 27, 2010

San Diego Mini-Vacay

After the sunshine-y day at Sea World, we decided to take it easy and turn our Sea World trip into a mini-vacay in SD!  We used our Starwood points and stayed at the W for free.  heehee.

I asked around for some yummy restaurants and we ended up using the list provided by the W.  They instantly made reservations for us and before we knew it...we were having a nice relaxing Saturday evening meal at Cowboy Star Restaurant & Butcher Shop!!  =)


We waited for a bit at the Bar.  Russ got a "New Fashioned" while I got some drink that was delish, except I can't remember it's name.  :(

This was the Amuse Busche.  I forgot what was in it!  Dang it!

This is our Maine Lobster Gnocchi starter:

Niman Crispy Pork Cheeks:

We split the Farmer's Market Lettuce Mix:

Everything was sooooo delish that when our entrees arrived, I completely forgot to take a picture of it and dived right into it!!!  ;)  OOOOPS!!!!

I got sea scallops:

Russ got the Prime Rib Eye with bone marrow:

We were sooooo full that we didn't get any dessert!  Can you believe!?!??!!!



After dinner, we decided to walk back to try to work off our GIANT delicious dinner!  YUMMY!!!  We highly recommend it!  It was awesome!!

The next day, we drove to La Jolla to have walk around and have brunch/lunch at George's On The Cove.  We couldn't quite decide what/where to eat, and went to George's b/c we've gone there w/ our friends before!  yum.

Here's our view from the top of the Terrace Bar at George's:



We started with the ceviche (stupid blogger...can't get the picture to flip right):

Russ got the Fish Sandwich w/ fries (instead of a salad):

I got the shrimp tacos:

And we got the Verbana Soup dessert.  It was quite an interesting dessert.  Russ LOVED it!

We took our time driving back and stopped by 85 degrees bakery in Irvine.  The line was GIANT!  We got some pastries and the iced salty coffee.  It was TO DIE FOR!!  We were so excited about it that we forgot to take a picture of it!  Oops, but here's the dessert case:

And then we headed home after a pit-stop at South Coast.  heehee.

 It was a nice mini-vacay to SD!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment