Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sea World

For my firm's summer event, they decided on a Sea World expedition.  So, early on a Saturday morning, Russ and I trekked down to SD to join in the Sea World madness.

Oh how Sea World has changed in the past 16 years!!!  In fact, I don't even really remember what it was like 16 years ago!  I just remember Shamu, getting a Shamu stuffed animal, and a dolphin stuffed animal.  It's totally different now.  Russ was quite excited since he's never gone before.  =)

Traffic was a PAIN though!  It took us nearly 3 hrs to get there!  :(  we got there just in time for the picnic lunch, seeing Opie the Otter and then it was time for the shows!  =)  Check it out:

Opie the Otter

It was really easy to take pics of Shamu b/c he's dark and huge!  I could always tell when Shamu was about to jump or do something crazy....  In a bit, you'll understand why this key fact was quite important!  ;)





The Seal was hungry for food and kept barking at us to feed him!  ;)

The Blue Horizons Show:




The whales and dolphins were really fast in jumping out of the water!  It was really hard for me to see when they were about to jump.  And I sort of took a picture of the girl on top of the whale...but I accidentally cut off her head.  :(  oops!



We saw some flamingos:

And we saw the Sesame Street show in 3-D!  heehee

Happy Sea World!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment