First, I was like, U2 is playing again in LA?? They were just here in June or something! Second, I started stressing out! I have a lot of work to do and I needed to do the work. I just wasn't sure how I was going to pull off a concert on a Sunday night! Third, Hello! It's U2!! How can I skip that?!?!?! Fourth, Black Eyed Peas was opening for U2. Um...hello! How can we skip out on that? But I kept thinking that I should be at home working. *sigh* The pros and cons to being a lawyer....
So, our neighbor was able to get the tix! She works at an agency and her boss' client must have gotten tix and then wasn't able to go. YAY!!! They were AWESOME seats! We were about 11 rows in, right around the 50-yard line. WOW!!! We went and needless to say, I am now suffering the consequences of not only my old age (I still want to be a Toys R Us kid), but now I'm sleeping even less to finish my work. *sigh*
Anyway, Russ and I left our house at around 4:30. We got to the Rose Bowl at around 5ish. We parked and waited for about an hour in line for the shuttle. While in line, we bumped into Anita & Jason and some of her co-wkrs. How fortuitous! Anita bought Jason U2 tix for his anniversary present! =) So, we all stood in line together and *finally* made it into the Rose Bowl at like 640. Russ and I were starving, so we stood in the slowest line on the face of this earth to buy food. We walked to our seats right about 5 minutes before Black Eyed Peas came out! Perfect timing!
During our quick research about the concert and parking situation, Russ and I learned that this concert was supposed to be 'historical' b/c it would be broadcast on YouTube; it took 3 days to build the stage; and more than 95,000 ppl filled the Rose Bowl. It definately was packed in there! That would explain why it took us nearly an hour to get on a shuttle into the Rose Bowl!
Here's Russ driving us to the Rose Bowl:
Here's us *finally* on the shuttle:
Here's us making it to our seats right before Black Eyed Peas came out:
This is how close to the ground level we were...and HOW MANY ppl were in the general admission. You can see the stage...it looked like a space ship:
I didn't get very good pics of Black Eyed Peas, but maybe Russ did. Here's some of mine:
And then one of the best parts of the concert occured...Slash came out and Black Eyed Peas did a cover of Sweet Child of Mine!!!!! You can't really see it well, but I think I got a picture of Slash playing his guitar:
Then there was a 40 min intermission b/c they had to re-configure the stage for U2. During that time, Russ and I took some more pics of the weird space station stage:
And after waiting forever, U2 came out:
The space station stage kept changing and the TV thing-y expanded and changed colors:
Here's as close of a pic of Bono as I could get. See the little person walking right before the giant red pole:
Here's a pic of their last song:
What a FANTASTIC WEEKEND! It was great!! Now I just need to find a way to finish all my work without losing too much sleep and creating too many wrinkles... hhmmm....


















No comments:
Post a Comment