Saturday, October 24, 2009

Susan Feniger's Street

Russ surprised me tonight with a random date night!  I think he probably knew how stressed I was b/c of work and work and work.  Fortunately, since I've got Kelley, I'm not stressed about the wedding at all!  =)  So, we went to Susan Feniger's Street for dinner.

Actually, the week started with a random card from Russ in my work bag.  Then, yesterday, I got another card and it said Russ was taking me to a surprise dinner tonight!  =)  YAY!  I love surprises!

Russ picked me up at home at 6:45 and we headed to Susan Feniger's Street.  We found street parking (thank goodness) and walked in right on time!  This place was yummy to my getting-way-too-big-tummy!!  You know it has to be good since Russ has eaten there 3 times in about 1.5 weeks!  hehe.

I learned from my prior experiences at Bottega and Stefan's and remembered to bring my camera.  I need to work on remembering to take the pictures though!!  (You'll see what I mean below)...

So, Russ said that the small plates are really good and that we can order a bunch of small plates and perhaps one main entree.  That's exactly what we did!  This place is kind of like Asian, Indian, fusion food.  It's got lots of flavors, spices and herbs.  Just the way I like my food!  =)

Okie...enough talk...here's some pics...first the Kaya Toast.  It's basically coconut jelly on toast with a side of sunny side up egg and soy sauce.  You're supposed to dip the toast into the egg yolk and the soy sauce!  This brought back tremendous amounts of childhood memories!  My mom would always make this as my breakfast!  Well, the egg and soy sauce part, not the toast.  hehe.  Anyway, it sounds like a strange combo, but it's actually quite delish!  As you can see, I forgot to take the dang picture and had already eaten one square of the toast when I remembered that I had my camera!  haha.



Here's a picture of our beet and apple salad.  Again, I forgot to take the picture and Russ had already scooped 1/2 of the salad onto his plate.  hehe.  This picture does not do it justice.  It didn't come out w/ the red beet juice all over the plate.  ;)



This was the Indian Semolina Cakes.  This was also super delish!  Again, forgot to take the picture and I had already eaten one of the semolina cakes.  oops!



This was our Spinach Verenyky.  It's like a cheesy spinach dumpling.  The cheese was gooey and yummy!



I have to confess though...I totally forgot to take a picture of our main entree!  DUH!!!  I think I just dived right into the food and totally forgot!  Dork!  So, we had the Singapore Chile Prawns.  They were delicious, but a bit on the spicy side.  Also, I didn't think the shrimp was all that fresh, but what do I know.

After our entree (which we totally didn't finish b/c we were sooooo full), we decided to order dessert.  Why?  Because I needed to make sure I tried a dessert even though I was super full!  ;)  We got the Turkish Doughnuts.  I guess the chef was unhappy with the first batch of doughnuts and wanted to re-make them.  So, he gave us some peanut butter and jelly cookies to hold us over.  Then, when they brought out the doughnuts, they gave us some more cookies!  The cookies were really good, but the doughnuts needed some more frying.  It was like eating a soggy funnel cake.  It just didn't taste crispy.  Oh well.  At least the free cookies were good!  =)



Oh!  I forgot to mention, I ordered the "Ode to Audrey" drink.  It was basically champagne with a sugar cube in it.  I just really loved the name and ordered it.  hehe.

After our romantic, candlelit surprise dinner, Russ and I had to run some errands in preparation for our pumpkin carving party!  We went to Ralphs and then came home, made pumpkin curry and prepped for our Save-The-Date photo shoot w/ Anita tomorrow!  =)  Yay!  More on that later.  I'm tired and need to sleep now.  Go to Susan Feniger's Street!  Super good.  And don't forget to watch AstroBoy this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment