On Saturday, 10/17, Russ and I started our registries at Bloomie's and Crate & Barrel. I have a feeling that Russ was not all that interested in registering, but he came along anyway to keep me company! ;) Little did he know...it would be tons of fun! Esp since he got to hold the zapper/scanner thing-y! ;)
First, we went to Bloomingdales for our 11 AM registry appt. Sounds weird to have a registry appt, but actually, it was a great idea! Bloomie's customer service is quite awesome! Right next to Nordstrom's! =) When we arrived at The Registry, our consultant told us all about registering; what to do; how to register; tips to registering; and even gave us a swag bag. Let me tell you, I'm starting to like all the swag bags I'm getting everywhere! ;)
Anyway, our consultant then took us around the store and talked about every section, including understanding the china and silver stuff. She would have helped us pick out our china and silver, but we decided that our house is too small to have that stuff and we're just not that fancy. Besides, Diana and Anita recommended that we hold off on registering for the china and silver until we have a house that's big enough to store it all! Totally sound advice! We just don't have room for that! In fact, our consultant even said, "so, you don't have a china cabinet?" um...no! We barely even have curtains! (That's a whole other story)...
So, after spending about an hour perusing the store and hearing various explanations from our consultant, we started walking around on our own and just started zapping away at everything our little hearts desired! But we were totally w/in reason. OK...I'm lying. We did splurge a bit and zap on one slightly overly-expensive unnecessary item - an espresso machine. hehe. It's awesome and we totally don't *need* it; but honestly, we were sold after talking to the Jura espresso machine sales rep. Russ and I each had a cappuccino (to remind us of Italy) and a macchiato. HAHA. We were sooooo wired that we actually didn't fall asleep until really late that night. The machine was sooo awesome. All you have to do is touch a button and your cappuccino is ready! It even comes w/ a milk cooler thing. I didn't even have to look at Russ to know that he wanted it too! ;)
But back to the main story...we had so much fun that we ended up at Bloomies for 3 hours! We just studied everything, thought about what we really needed and zapped. We don't really need all that much since we're living together in this new place, but there are a few things that we're missing, so we zapped those things.
Afterwards, we ate at Bread Bar, went to Sephora and then went to Crate & Barrel! After going to Bloomie's and being escorted around, C&B was a major let-down. They sort of let us go on our own with about a 5 min explanation. I guess the techniques are just different. We walked around the store, found a few things that we would need and then we left. I think we were just really tired after spending 3 hours at Bloomies. We were thinking of registering for furniture, but didn't really see anything that appealed to us. oh well.
I think the best part of registering was getting to use the scanner/zapper thing. hehe. I let Russ use it for the most part b/c he was such a good sport and accompanied me to Bloomies and C&B. It was a terribly long time to be standing, walking, and watching me play with every gadget. ;) The best part for me was all the shopping I did, without spending any $$$. It was fantastic! I felt like I "bought" all these things, but I didn't. Super fun! ;)
Here's what I think is a sign of my self-restraint... I am in love with having a cupcake carrier. Why? There is no reason why I need a stupid cupcake carrier. I just want one in case I decide to make cupcakes and need to bring them to someone's home. But I didn't register for it. There's no room. hehe. So, for those of you who know me...I showed great restraint in registering for things that we need. =D
Most importantly, if you're wondering why our Bloomie's and C&B registry contains minimal items, it's b/c our main registry will be on HoneyFund! We're hoping to get some $$ to fund our honeymoon! yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment