Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Budget

Geez!  I thought that after we came up with the budget at the very beginning, that would be THE END of dealing with that!  But the budget keeps rearing its ugly head!  Totally sucks!  I mean, every time we look at potential vendors, the first thing I think about is whether they are within the budget.  If they are outside of our budget, I don't even consider them!

But the crazy thing is that we'll get a quote that is totally w/in our budget and then what happens???  We have to add the tax, travel fee, other misc items and then we're over-budget for that one vendor!  GRRR.  I wish I had known that earlier, then I would have looked at vendors that was just a bit less so that when you add all those things, we would be within the budget!  Lesson learned though.  :)

Lucky for me (or maybe it's Russ)...we're currently under-budget!!!  YAY!!  How you ask (esp if you know me, I HATE BUDGETS!!!!)???  Well, let me tell you!  I bought a wedding dress that was WAY UNDER budget!!!  Not to mention, I've been thinking of other ways to keep our costs down.  And most importantly, it's all b/c of Kelley's awesome negotiating skills.  No joke.  I've read in books and magazines that hiring a wedding planner will pay for itself b/c of the savings she/he can get you when booking various vendors.  Those books/magazines are totally RIGHT!!!  Kelley will email us back and say, "great news!  I was able to negotiate ____."  YAY!!!!

And I have to say, as much as I am the anti-budget girl, everytime I look at a vendor, my first question is, "are they within the budget?"  There is no point in looking any further at a vendor if they're outside of the budget and falling in love with them.  It's the same thing for the dress.  Don't try on a dress that is outside of your budget, fall in love with it, and then not be able to get it.  It's just tooooo sad!

So, while the budget keeps creeping up on me, wreaking havoc on my emotions and creating new wrinkles all over, I've managed to keep it at bay and not give Russ a heart attack (yet).  hehe.  But seriously, though, gotta keep an eye on that budget!  All these little costs just add up!  :)  That's my random thought for the day!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment