After weeks of perusing random magazines, websites, blogs and referrals from Kelley, we finally decided on our DJ! Actually, we had 2 DJs in mind, one was booked and one wasn't. I really loved both equally as much (as did Russ). I was afraid that we would meet with the un-booked DJ and find out he sucked and we would have to go back to Square 1. We just weren't too happy with the other DJs we saw. So, I tried to mask my excitement when we met with DJ T on October 8, 2009....
Russ picked me up from work (even though I was super busy and just wanted to sleep). We drove to a cafe in Silver Lake and met with him. WOW!!!! He is absolutely awesome. He talked about how he does music coordination to help the music flow. He gave us a chart for us to fill in for what type of music we would like for our cocktail hour, our dinner hour(s) and our dancing hour(s). He said that even if we pick random things that don't match, he will help us coordinate and put it into the correct time period. And if he will work with us to create a great ambiance for the wedding! He even had ideas for some ceremony music that Russ and I totally love!
I asked him all sorts of stupid questions like, "how many Asian weddings do you do?" What I was trying to get at was whether he felt comfortable in dealing Asian parents at a wedding. ;) He said he did approx 1 per month! That's awesome! =)
Also, we were excited to hear that he will shorten songs so that it doesn't get too tedious when you hear it. For example, everyone loves Michael Jackson's Billy Jean, but they really don't want to hear 4 minutes of it! So, he'll cut it down to approx. 1.5 minutes! YAY! We were totally sold! And the one thing that made our decision easier was his presentation. He was organized; he had a little folder to give us with his biz card in there. It was great!
Our fantastic DJ is DJ T of RedShoe Productions. Check out their website. We're really excited and happy and thrilled to have DJ T!! YAY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment